Chocolate Mint Mousse
100g plain dark chocolate
2 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon instant good quality coffee
1 teaspoon freshly chopped mint, either Moroccan, Spearmint or Curly.
Whipped cream for decoration
4 whole mint leaves
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or double saucepan.
- When smooth and liquid remove from heat and add beaten egg yolks to chocolate while its still hot
- Add coffee and chopped mint
- Leave to cool for about 15 minutes
- Beat egg whites , not too stiff, and fold into cooling chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into containers.
- Just before serving garnish with a blob of whipped cream and whole mint leaves.