2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp vegetable oil
200g long-grain rice (uncooked weight), cooked and left to go cold
100g frozen peas, defrosted (rinse under warm water to do this quickly)
4 spring onions, finely chopped
100g beansprouts (optional)
1-2 tsp soy sauce
ground white pepper
- Beat together the egg and sesame oil and put to one side.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan. When it’s shimmering and almost smoking, add the rice and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes until completely heated through.
- Add the peas, spring onions and beansprouts, if using. Stir-fry, turning the rice constantly around the pan, for about 3 minutes.
- Season well with soy sauce and pepper, then push to one side of the pan.
- Pour the beaten egg mixture into the other side and leave for about 10 seconds so it begins to set. Using a chopstick, briskly swirl around the egg to break it up and then toss around with the rice.
- Stir-fry for a further minute and serve straight away.