Goats’ cheese parcels
These pastries are wonderful and you can also create your own fillings. To make these into Spinach cheese parcels add some chopped baby spinach leaves in with the cheese mixture.
2-3 sheets buttered filo pastry
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp fresh Marjoram or Oregano
1 clove garlic
85g goats’ cheese cheddar (a hard cheddar-like cheese) – cut into 1cm/in cubes
Optional Idea: Add some chopped baby spinach leaves in with the cheese mixture.
- Lay the sheets of pastry on a damp surface to prevent drying out. Cut into a rectangle.
- Place the cheese, herbs and oil in a bowl and mix together.
- Put the mixture in the centre of the rectangle and roll up into a spring roll shape.
- Twist both the ends to make a cracker shape.
- Brush with oil and bake in an oven 200C/Gas 6 for 4 minutes to crisp up.