Thyme Marinated Chicken
Marinating budget-friendly chicken pieces in herb-laced lemon juice, white wine, and oil allows this flavorful thyme chicken recipe to stay juicy through the cooking process. Make it a full meal by adding a fresh, garden salad, baguettes, and grilled fruit with creme fraiche.
1kg chicken pieces
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
¼ cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Garnish: 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Stir the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, white wine, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour the lemon-thyme marinade into a large glass baking dish; add the chicken to the dish, turning the pieces once to coat with the marinade.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate the chicken for 1 hour, turning the pieces once every 15 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or brush a large skillet with oil and set it over medium-high heat. Arrange all the chicken pieces on the grill or place the chicken, in batches, into the hot skillet. Discard the marinade.
- Cook the chicken for 4 to 6 minutes on each side. The chicken is done when the thickest part feels firm to the touch .
- Serve hot as an entree or refrigerate the chicken and serve it sliced in a salad.
- Garnish with additional fresh thyme.