Warm Rocket salad
Warm rocket salad with red onions, Pancetta, Olive oil, Fresh Thyme,Pinenuts, Pinch of Salt, fresh Rocket leaves, Balsamic vinegar and Parmesan shavings.
2 medium red onions
8 whole rashers Pancetta or smoked streaky bacon
4 sprigs of Fresh Thyme or Marjoram
1/2 cup of raw Pinenuts
Salt to taste
4 big handfuls Rocket
Parmesan shavings for serving
- Peel and halve the onions and then quarter them to get 8 pieces
- Fry off the bacon or pancetta until crisp and then remove
- Add the olive oil to the pan. Add Thyme, onions, pinenuts and salt, and toss in olive oil and fry over medium heat for 5 minutes until caramelized not blackened.
- Return bacon to the pan and toss with the pan ingredients.
- Throw pan ingredients into a salad bowl, and add the rocket.
- Drizzle generously with Balsamic and toss lightly
- Shave Parmesan cheese over the top to serve
- Serve immediately, while still slightly warm.